• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I be able to win if I sue her?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kperez1996

Hello my name is Kristina Perez, and I'm trying to file a lawsuit against my ex- best friends mom . At the age of 17 my best friends mom told me she going to help me get a car. I gave her money and I eventually got my car after months of saving. I was always informed the car was paid off and I bought a cash car for 4500. About not even a year later my car got repoed. I have text messages and voice recordings of her stating how much exactly I gave her. (4,796) She says were even since this whole time she was doing payments on the car which I had no idea because it was supposed to be paid off. I'm 19 years old and I'm hoping I can get some type of justice or at least scare her to let her know what she did was wrong and not right. I was 17 and I trusted her she took me in when I was homeless struggling and told me she would take care of me. But behind my back she really was just taking my money from me. The only thing I'm worried about was the car was in her friends name who I have never even met before and recently found out the car wasn't actually mine when it got repoed. PLEASE HELP I'm a struggling college student living on my own, working full time and getting overtime just to hopefully save up for a new car. I'm so desperate I'm using uber and lyft to get to Point A and point B while I'm sure this woman is living it up in her nice Mercedes not caring what she did to a 19 year old ... Please let me know if it's worth taking her to court to know that I have a chance at winning without anything actualywritten down showing I gave her money but I have recordings and messages stating the exact amount. Thank you

Proserpina

Hello my name is Kristina Perez, and I'm trying to file a lawsuit against my ex- best friends mom . At the age of 17 my best friends mom told me she going to help me get a car. I gave her money and I eventually got my car after months of saving. I was always informed the car was paid off and I bought a cash car for 4500. About not even a year later my car got repoed. I have text messages and voice recordings of her stating how much exactly I gave her. (4,796) She says were even since this whole time she was doing payments on the car which I had no idea because it was supposed to be paid off. I'm 19 years old and I'm hoping I can get some type of justice or at least scare her to let her know what she did was wrong and not right. I was 17 and I trusted her she took me in when I was homeless struggling and told me she would take care of me. But behind my back she really was just taking my money from me. The only thing I'm worried about was the car was in her friends name who I have never even met before and recently found out the car wasn't actually mine when it got repoed. PLEASE HELP I'm a struggling college student living on my own, working full time and getting overtime just to hopefully save up for a new car. I'm so desperate I'm using uber and lyft to get to Point A and point B while I'm sure this woman is living it up in her nice Mercedes not caring what she did to a 19 year old ... Please let me know if it's worth taking her to court to know that I have a chance at winning without anything actualywritten down showing I gave her money but I have recordings and messages stating the exact amount. Thank you
What is your US State?

OHRoadwarrior

As this is a multi party contract, apparently not consolidated in writing and you were a minor. I suggest you contact a local lawyer for advise. He can evaluate your texts to determine if a reasonable argument could be made in small claims court a contract existed. Please note, obtaining a judgment in small claims and collecting it are 2 different things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">