• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will ordence discrimination get me anywhere with a judge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

viper6383

Kansas

So, I have a commercial type vehicle parked on my property and the city is pointing towards a "commercial vehicle" ordinance in which "designed for" is used. I think that is complete BS because the USDOT does not even support that because what really matters is what it "is being used for".

One of my defenses is that "designed for" is too wide and techincally, everyone driving a pickup is in violation because they are made to work... That also means that any vehicle that has a business logo on it should be cited too.. I know I am very much in the right to complain about discrimination in this matter since about 500 people in this town should be here with me BUT, I have been singled out... Is this a total waste of breath with a judge??

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You don't need to start a new thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/municipal-trial-against-city-parking-commercial-vehicle-521913.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">