• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At wits end!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsire1luv

Over-charging ConEd has me At Wits End!!!!!!!

What is the name of your state? Bronx, New York

:( The condo complex I reside in just 2 yrs ago, instated con ed electrical meters. Since then I have had 2 fairly normal sized bills (to my understanding) then afterwards I was being charged amts ranging from 120.00 to 150.00.

I questioned this, since I do not have the appliances nor ppl in my home to warrant such bills. Con Ed sent an investigator, who did not investigate. She did a cursory walk thru of my home, noted the lack of actual physical items to warrant the high elec. bills but also did not fully check the meter for deficiencies or faults and it was decided that all is well and Con Ed is in the right.

I just recently came upon written proof that another apartment (all the "f" line apt.s are 5 rooms) in my line of "f" is only being charged anywhere from 35.00 to 40.00 a mth in electrical charges. A home that has more large appliances than mine. Yet the Con Ed investigator insisted that ALL 5 room apt.'s pay a avg. 80.00 to 150.00 a mth!!!??? depending on their electrical useage (which usually consists of a majority of the creature comforts, which I don't have).

I want to know, since I did try to correct this problem without seeking legal advice or action, can I now sue Con Ed for willfully stealing from me, price gouging, and whatever other charges which can be brought against them?What is the name of your state?

Last edited:

seniorjudge

dsire1luv said:
What is the name of your state? New York

:( The condo complex I reside in just 2 yrs ago, instated con ed electrical meters. Since then I have had 2 fairly normal sized bills (to my understanding) then afterwards I was being charged amts ranging from 120.00 to 150.00.

I questioned this, since I do not have the appliances nor ppl in my home to warrant such bills. Con Ed sent an investigator, who did not investigate. She did a cursory walk thru of my home, noted the lack of actual physical items to warrant the high elec. bills but also did not fully check the meter for deficiencies or faults and it was decided that all is well and Con Ed is in the right.

I just recently came upon written proof that another apartment (all the "f" line apt.s are 5 rooms) in my line of "f" is only being charged anywhere from 35.00 to 40.00 a mth in electrical charges. A home that has more large appliances than mine. Yet the Con Ed investigator insisted that ALL 5 room apt.'s pay a avg. 80.00 to 150.00 a mth!!!??? depending on their electrical useage (which usually consists of a majority of the creature comforts, which I don't have).

I want to know, since I did try to correct this problem without seeking legal advice or action, can I now sue Con Ed for willfully stealing from me, price gouging, and whatever other charges which can be brought against them?What is the name of your state?

I want to know, since I did try to correct this problem without seeking legal advice or action, can I now sue Con Ed for willfully stealing from me, price gouging, and whatever other charges which can be brought against them?

Post the evidence you have so we may fairly estimate your chances.

BL

Are you in a location that " you chose your provider " , or to chose fixed ar flexible pricing .

Ya see in Upstate NY lots of folks are up in arms , because they had to chose , or be chosen for . Then later on they noticed the BILLS :eek: and well are in the same boat as you .

If the meter is not malfunctioning , and your the only one on the line(s) , I don't get it .

Especially if you have elect. heat , and weren't you aware other prices rose too .

It's called HEAT .. And geeze at wits end the Auto gas prices are outrages . Get a lawn chair to get your tan , or plan Whole days at locations , instead of cruising . We can be glad gas isn't rationed

Last edited:

dsire1luv

At wits end (reply)

@ Seniorjudge: What I have is a copies (3 mths worth) of the light bill from the other condo owner, since it is a statement made by several rep.'s of Con Ed as well as Con Ed's investigator, all 5 room apt. should be paying near the same amt. which was quoted to me as being in the range of 80.00+ to 150.00. She (the other condo owner) hasn't had a bill over 50.00 since the electric has been instated here and she would testify if needed, but her bill says it all. We are talking well over a year of my paying my bill and a portion of hers. I also have another eye witness that the investigator Con Ed sent, did not really do any proper investigation. But made a crack decision right then which would allow her to make it a early day (I guess) and just left.
Also, a copy of all my paymnts to date and a copy of the large defecits between what I started paying (my 2nd bill) what they ended up charging me (for about 6 mths. over 120.00) and what they are charging me now (that I mentioned seeking legal advice, bill cost stays within 85.00 to 95.00) which is still high, can be obtained by request.

@ Blonde Leb... : I live in NYC part of NY. Con Ed handles heating (gas) and electricity, I only pay electricity where I reside. I am fully aware of the costs of electricity which is why I see a problem here, I am paying more than I see and feel I ought. Seems I am paying, partially anyway, one of my neighbors bills and Con Ed refuses to correct the issue. And yes I can chose another provider but as long as there is a discrepency, what other provider would deal with this? And I don't see where your comment on gas prices is relevant... but .... oooooh kaaaaay.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">