• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Woman Communicating Threats To Myself & My children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mks2016

I want to sue for emotional distress and damages caused to my son and I. Regardless of her having a bad day -or if that's how she always is- my son should not be suffering because of that. Unfortunately, he is & it is causing me distress to receive phone calls from my sons school because he refuses to participate in groups now due to fear. Any reasonable person, would have simply understood that I was moving my vehicle and left it alone. She acted unreasonably and tried inflicting harm on us over a parking space

quincy

I know she can not be arrested for threats. So I'm interested in suing. Would I need a lawyer or will pressing charges at a magistrates office have the same effect ?
There is no legal action for you to take. The woman was angry, she spoke out in anger, she said things she shouldn't have, and that was it.

I recommend you move on - especially so that your son does not begin to view life's irritants as fodder for a lawsuit. That is the wrong message to send.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">