• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Woman Communicating Threats To Myself & My children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mks2016

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I need advice on what I can do about a lady threatening to "beat my ass" and "drag my ass" in front of my 5 year old child and 13 year old brother. She was using very vulgar language towards me and it was very inappropriate and I asked her to please stop because my kids were right here and she replies "**** your kids, I will drag you in front of your kids and drag your kids"

My son is now traumatized and is now afraid of every black woman that approaches him because of this situation. He is emotionally scarred by this situation and quite frankly so am I.

What can I do about this legally?

My son now refuses to be near anyone matching the description of the lady who did this to us.

Please help

Eekamouse

I need advice on what I can do about a lady threatening to "beat my ass" and "drag my ass" in front of my 5 year old child and 13 year old brother. She was using very vulgar language towards me and it was very inappropriate and I asked her to please stop because my kids were right here and she replies "**** your kids, I will drag you in front of your kids and drag your kids"

My son is now traumatized and is now afraid of every black woman that approaches him because of this situation. He is emotionally scarred by this situation and quite frankly so am I.

My son now refuses to be near anyone matching the description of the lady who did this to us.

Please help
Do you know this lady or was this some stranger?

quincy

Please help
Report the threats to the police, telling the police why the woman reacted to you as she did.

Reassure your son (after reassuring yourself) that having one bad experience with one person is no reason to fear all people. Most people are good.

Mks2016

She recently moved into my apartment complex and she got upset that I temporarily parked in her parking space to move a tv down the stairs . I never spoke to her aside from this .

Mks2016

Thank you all. After the incident happened he said "I don't like that color people, she tried to hurt us" and I explained that it's not eveyone and that it was only her that was that way but he does not accept that. He now goes to school and refuses to go near his classmates of this color and it is affecting his education now because he is afraid

Just Blue

She recently moved into my apartment complex and she got upset that I temporarily parked in her parking space to move a tv down the stairs . I never spoke to her aside from this .
Let the LL know that there is an apparently unstable person in the complex. And refrain from hijacking another persons parking space in the future. :)

Mks2016

She is a stranger to us. This was our first and last encounter with her, we were moving out of our apartment as this event took place

Mks2016

Even after I told her I was moving my vehicle immediately, that was not good enough for her and she then started cursing and threatening us. I was only parked for 3 minutes max , she just pulled up at the last minute and saw me walking to my vehicle to leave and she got out and started threatening us for parking there

Mks2016

I want to know what I can do about it legally. I'm not over reacting , this has effected myself and my child. It's not okay to behave this way and just because it happened once, does not mean that it should be overlooked & forgiven.

quincy

She is a stranger to us. This was our first and last encounter with her, we were moving out of our apartment as this event took place
Ah, well. You are moving so you probably won't have to encounter her again. I would chalk the incident up to a single bad experience with a woman who might have been having a bad day. I hope you can help your son put all of this in perspective.

There does not appear to be any legal action for you to take.

Good luck.

Just Blue

I want to know what I can do about it legally. I'm not over reacting , this has effected myself and my child. It's not okay to behave this way and just because it happened once, does not mean that it should be overlooked & forgiven.
Again...What do you want to happen? Her to be arrested? You want to sue? What EXACTLY are you looking for?:confused:

Mks2016

I know she can not be arrested for threats. So I'm interested in suing. Would I need a lawyer or will pressing charges at a magistrates office have the same effect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">