• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Won Case - Defendant cut phone wires

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

suzeeh

What is the name of your state? Texas

I spent two hours in small claims court last night. My 15-year old son's friend drove a car I had for two days and took it on a joyride with my son. After causing $868 damage I asked the parents to pay even half. They wouldn't which is why I went to court.

In the months since the claim was filed, Defendants have started divorce proceedings. Wife called me and explained how he was and that she had wanted to pay half the money but her husband wouldn't let her. Within one hour of court being over last night my electricity was turned off from the breaker box and wires have been cut to the phone box so I can't get calls. The wife and son who did the damage but testified in court and told the truth came over and we all filled out a police report.

Does anyone know if I should advise the original Judge of what happened. This guy is scary!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">