• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Won in court,towing company will not pay me still

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hbizzack

(Woodbridge,VA) Hi, i do not know much about court but ill try to explain the best that i can. Well back in sept i had my car towed from my work place, when i went to go pick up my car my rear bumper was pulled off, so of course i took the towing company to court. Well i won my case and the owner got mad and stormed out and yelled im goin to get you for purgery you motherf****er, which i though was kinda funny and he was sentenced to jail for 5 days. So then i decided to call him because he has not payed me(past 30 days) and i ask are u goin to pay me the money. and hes like no,im gunna see you in court and make sure u bring the surveliance tape with you. Ok at this point im thinking first off all 30 days past u cant do anything, 2nd i was like why would i go through the trouble in gettin a sepina for the survellaince tape, when i already had everything going for me and it was clear that the towing truck did damage my vehicle. Well neways with school and my job i havent had time to fill out the papers where i guess I can take hm back to court and ask him questions refering to what bank he goes through with his buisness,so they can just take it straight his account. Now my question is what exact questions can i ask him? and nething else i should kno of, need info on this asap so i can take immediate action because this was back in sept. and i need to get this done, thanks for the info ahead of time

JETX

Presumably, you know where he works, right??
Then contact the court and ask for a Writ of Execution. The sheriff will serve him at his business and if he refuses to pay, start grabbing any non-exempt assets he has.

dcatz

Some courts have pre-printed questionnaires and, if you do bring the owner into court, you can ask any asset or financial-related question that would be likely to assist you in collecting the judgment. That's a very large ballpark. While most "canned forms" are not as extensive as the form at this link, everything in the form would be fair game, so that should give you some idea:
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f433a.pdf#search='Form%20433A'

Hbizzack

thanks for the info.yes i do know where he works, but when u say i can get a writ of extinction, do u think you can explain that to me a little more into detail, again i know nothing about court systems, so basically you guys are saying i can collect more money than what he owes???(i could be wrong)

Litigation!

Hbizzack said:
thanks for the info.yes i do know where he works, but when u say i can get a writ of extinction, do u think you can explain that to me a little more into detail, again i know nothing about court systems, so basically you guys are saying i can collect more money than what he owes???(i could be wrong)

My response:

"Your Honor, I'd like to apply for a "Writ of Extinction," please. I mean, the guy is a real dinosaur!"

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">