• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Won't return property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CTP

Illinois

I am the owner of a sign business that purchased a race car for advertising, since we do the graphics for it. We had a few sponsors one of which gave a monetary donation of $100. Due to recent illness, and downsizing of the business, it became apparent that it was nessecary to sell the car. The car was stored in the garage which belonged to the grandfather of the little girl who is my driver. He insisted that the car be sored there since I had only a one stall garage and he had all the nessecary space and tools. When I mentioned selling it he refused to give it back saying there is no way I am going to sell a car out from under a little girl. Mind you she has a second car that belongs to him. After that he called all of my sponsors before I had a chance to tell them I was backing out of my obligations to them, which I had not done. All obligations had been filled and one that hadn't which I am currently working to compensate. The car was bought from a man in Indiana and a check was written for $500 and we agreed that I would do the vinyl for his cars in return. There is no title for these small race cars and all i have is a copy of the check I wrote to purchase it. He has since decided that he does not want me to do his vinyl, despite the multiple attempts I have made to let him know I fully intend to full fill my obligation and now he wants money instead. He says if I didn't pay what is owed or send anything in addition to a check he will take me to court and he will get a whole lot more out of me. What should I do to get my property back. The grandfather keeps hanging up on me and will not answer a call so I have sent him a letter certified mail to try to clear this up. The car is clean and clear of any leans yet he claims the original owner has one. This is only because he has decided to go back and renegotiate stating he wants money instead of vinyl. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">