• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it worth taking my ex to small claims court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Klutzygem

I live in the UK where I would have to pay a fee relative to the amount I am trying to claim in order to process it. Do I have any chance of getting my money back through small claims court if my ex has suddenly stopped paying the £1300 owed on a credit card he uses that is in my name? He was made bankrupt about 2-3 years ago and some of the balance is probably from before/around the time he was made bankrupt but I'm fairly sure he did not declare this to his official receiver.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in the UK where I would have to pay a fee relative to the amount I am trying to claim in order to process it. Do I have any chance of getting my money back through small claims court if my ex has suddenly stopped paying the £1300 owed on a credit card he uses that is in my name? He was made bankrupt about 2-3 years ago and some of the balance is probably from before/around the time he was made bankrupt but I'm fairly sure he did not declare this to his official receiver.
This site is for US Law only. We do not deal with UK questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">