• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writ of Execution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saosin2008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
We receintly lost a lawsuit against a soccer club, the deal was they never provided the services they said they would when we signed, so I refused to pay them. But as I learned wording is everything. Needless to say I lost the case. I now have a writ of execution against me and was wanting to know what they can take in a writ of execution. I do not have many assets that are paid for, still paying on cars, so what can they take? TV's cameras, vcr's etc..??

seniorjudge

Did you appeal the small claims case?

Were you the defendant/respondent?

Were you the plaintiff/petitioner?

Why is there a judgment against you if you are the one who started the lawsuit?

Was there a counterclaim?

saosin2008

writ of execution

Did you appeal the small claims case?
I did not appeal, I did not think that it would have mattered, plus I was going through a divorce, and the money just was not there for an attorney or an appeal

Were you the defendant/respondent?
I was the one being sued for failure to honor the contract

I just did not understand what was going on. With all that was going on in my life at the same time, I basicaly screwed myself, thinking that because the coach and came to an understanding as to what I expected, but there was nothing in writing. My word against his. But now they served me with a writ of execution and are threatening to take everything and anything to satisfy a 2500 $$ judgement.
Just need to know what they can and cannot take.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">