• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writ of execution - keepers levy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deanne1480

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have a writ of execution for a company located in Orange County, Ca. The employees are all in hiding now and working from their homes, no longer working from their office. However, some of the employees are working at offices of the parent company - which has a different name and does a different type of business. Can I send the sheriff over to the parent company to do a keepers levy? Or, does the keepers levy need to be done only at the company named on the lawsuit, even though it is owned by another company?

Thank you!

D

Deanne1480

Hi, Thanks for the quick responses! I didn't know there was a parent company. Three articles recently came out in the LA times revealing the fraudulent nature of this company and how it's owned by a US senator. Within this article, the name of the parent company was revealed. Somehow the journalist found out the name of the parent company and all of the companies it owns. I was working as a registered nurse at a state prison under this company, which is a nursing registry service, and was not paid in full. They owe me close to $8,000 in wages. I have a judgment, but they won't pay. I was able to name one of the owners as a third person to the lawsuit, and I have a process server working to get him served. Perhaps, I could list the parent company as a third party as well? Then, send in the sheriff to do a keepers levy??

Proserpina

Hi, Thanks for the quick responses! I didn't know there was a parent company. Three articles recently came out in the LA times revealing the fraudulent nature of this company and how it's owned by a US senator. Within this article, the name of the parent company was revealed. Somehow the journalist found out the name of the parent company and all of the companies it owns. I was working as a registered nurse at a state prison under this company, which is a nursing registry service, and was not paid in full. They owe me close to $8,000 in wages. I have a judgment, but they won't pay. I was able to name one of the owners as a third person to the lawsuit, and I have a process server working to get him served. Perhaps, I could list the parent company as a third party as well? Then, send in the sheriff to do a keepers levy??

Would res judicata not apply here?

CourtClerk

You can't add parties post judgment, so what are you trying to have served to the third party? The only people you are going to be enforcing the judgment against are the people you already have the judgment against and nope... you're not going to be able to sue them again. You already did.

dcatz

Tranq – I’d respectfully disagree in that State under the appropriate circumstances unless you won’t call a wage levy on his wife’s wages a levy. A judgment debtor defaulted on a substantial promissory note. He went into real estate and married a woman who is V.P. of a financial institution. She probably doesn’t know about his debt but will when she is brought into court for a hearing on what amount of community property I get (CCP § 706.109). I’ve ensure that she’ll be served at the institution so I think the fear of prison will do the job.

Her new husband is collecting rent from tenants of new property he’s acquired. His tenants will be surprised when they find out they now pay rent to me until the debt is satisfied by lease payments (CCP § 708.510 et seq.) or his wife’s wages

Prosperina – res judicata refers to the issue decided, not who it is potentially enforced against, but even so, a SC bench officer is unlikely to permit amendment, in my opinion, unless there is more commonality than the OP has described - e.g. the parent’s profits are the judgment debtor’s earnings or both have the same registered agent and are service on one is effectively service on both. Politics beings what it is, I’d look to what I could get from the existing defendant/judgment debtor before trying to add more. It could backfire.

HG – It happens all the time. Unlike racer22, my contention is that judgments go uncollected because plaintiffs plan post hoc and should plan ahead.

Last edited:

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have a writ of execution for a company located in Orange County, Ca. The employees are all in hiding now and working from their homes, . . . . . . .
Apparently these sneaky displaced employees that you’ve caught “hiding out” aren’t much skilled in the art of concealment and camouflage.

But if you intend to continue creeping and lurking about their private homes and work places taking notes of their "nefarious" activities, perhaps you should assess your own skills at disguise and cover. The word “stalking” comes to mind.

D

Deanne1480

Apparently these sneaky displaced employees that you’ve caught “hiding out” aren’t much skilled in the art of concealment and camouflage.

But if you intend to continue creeping and lurking about their private homes and work places taking notes of their "nefarious" activities, perhaps you should assess your own skills at disguise and cover. The word “stalking” comes to mind.
Wow, what a sad existence you must live....sitting behind your big bad computer trying to bully others. I can conclude from this comment that you are not a happy person, and that is sad. To address your statement, the process server reported this information back to me.

You can't add parties post judgment, so what are you trying to have served to the third party? The only people you are going to be enforcing the judgment against are the people you already have the judgment against and nope... you're not going to be able to sue them again. You already did.
You are incorrect court clerk, the judge himself approved a third party to be added to the lawsuit by form EJ-125. This is because the company has not paid the judgment and an individual must be specified when you order the company to court.

This website has not proven to be helpful in any way, but rather has brought out the trolls... I'm done with this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">