• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writ of Execution? Process to collect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faerieprncs

What is the name of your state? California

I had previously posted some questions regarding my case prior to going to court, and I won! Thanks to all of you who helped out...

In any case, the trucking company I sued has not paid the settlement ($530) and it has been more than 30 days since the judgement. I guess I have to file a writ of execution, but I was told by the lady at the court that I have to know exactly what I want (i.e. garnish wages, assets, etc.) prior to filing the paperwork. I tried to ask what my options were and what my best bet was, but I got a blank stare.

Either way, what is my best course of action? (P.s. it isn't a corporation, so far as the State of CA website indicates).

I've read through the CA small claims website, but I'm not sure it answered my questions...

Happy Trails

faerieprncs said:
What is the name of your state? California

I had previously posted some questions regarding my case prior to going to court, and I won! Thanks to all of you who helped out...

In any case, the trucking company I sued has not paid the settlement ($530) and it has been more than 30 days since the judgement. I guess I have to file a writ of execution, but I was told by the lady at the court that I have to know exactly what I want (i.e. garnish wages, assets, etc.) prior to filing the paperwork. I tried to ask what my options were and what my best bet was, but I got a blank stare.

Either way, what is my best course of action? (P.s. it isn't a corporation, so far as the State of CA website indicates).

I've read through the CA small claims website, but I'm not sure it answered my questions...
When the defendents lost their case did they fill out the SC-133 form and mail it to you?

Looks like this: http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/fillable/sc133.pdf

faerieprncs

nope, they didn't. But turns out that one of the people in the office next to my husband's office has a P.I. license and looked it up for us for free. Love connections... :D thanks for all the help anyway!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">