• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writ of Garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eldaidelangel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I was wondering what steps must I take to get the judgement from the defendant's bank account for the remaining balance due December 14th. I won a small claims suit against my landlord for failure to either return the security deposit or an itemized list of deductions within thirty days from moving out. Do I need to first file with the records clerk? And do I need to submit additional forms before or with the Writ of Garnishment to the JP courts such as an affidavit? I did receive a $400 cashier check, could I use those numbers on the bottom as the bank account on the Writ?

adjusterjack

Check your county court's website. There should be forms and instructions on how to do that. If you have trouble finding them post your city and county.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I was wondering what steps must I take to get the judgement from the defendant's bank account for the remaining balance due December 14th. I won a small claims suit against my landlord for failure to either return the security deposit or an itemized list of deductions within thirty days from moving out. Do I need to first file with the records clerk? And do I need to submit additional forms before or with the Writ of Garnishment to the JP courts such as an affidavit? I did receive a $400 cashier check, could I use those numbers on the bottom as the bank account on the Writ?
The information on the bottom of a cashier's check is NOT the account information of the other party.

eldaidelangel

Check your county court's website. There should be forms and instructions on how to do that. If you have trouble finding them post your city and county.
I did check but they don't have anything on any of Bexar country departments sites including the law library site . Bexar country clerk site or the precinct 1 site either. I went in person to the JP court and the receptionist said for me to hire an attorney since it was complicated.

eldaidelangel

I did check but they don't have anything on any of Bexar country departments sites including the law library site . Bexar country clerk site or the precinct 1 site either. I went in person to the JP court and the receptionist said for me to hire an attorney since it was complicated.
San Antonio, Bexar country

adjusterjack

Found the following forms online. You'll need to modify them for your own court. The rest is up to you.

http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/petition-for-writ-of-garnishment-97177/

http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/draft-notice-garnishment-18616/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">