• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

.wrong medication from pharmacy!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jnegrl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I need advice. i missed 2 days if work because of this and i still dont feel right. dizzy and slurring my words. it has to get out of my system. I need your lawyer advice, please.

LET ME TELL U what happened to me. On monday morning, 11/18 i had to be at work at 7am. on the way i picked up my Rx at CVS Pharmacy. i took two pills immediately and by the time i got to walmart it hit me. i almost fainted and blacked out.. i was a zombie....i left and i cant even remember getting home. so, guess what. they gave me the wrong medication! instead of tramadol thye gave me trazadone (antidepressant and sleep aid) anyway, i missed 2 days of work and they gave me 25$ gift card as an apology, BUT i think i should get lawyer and get some compensation. right? I have receipts and took pictures of the bottle and pills.
What can I expect to get? curious

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I need advice. i missed 2 days if work because of this and i still dont feel right. dizzy and slurring my words. it has to get out of my system. I need your lawyer advice, please.

LET ME TELL U what happened to me. On monday morning, 11/18 i had to be at work at 7am. on the way i picked up my Rx at CVS Pharmacy. i took two pills immediately and by the time i got to walmart it hit me. i almost fainted and blacked out.. i was a zombie....i left and i cant even remember getting home. so, guess what. they gave me the wrong medication! instead of tramadol thye gave me trazadone (antidepressant and sleep aid) anyway, i missed 2 days of work and they gave me 25$ gift card as an apology, BUT i think i should get lawyer and get some compensation. right? I have receipts and took pictures of the bottle and pills.
Nothing. You've been compensated and a little trazodone didn't hurt you and will have no long term ill effects. The side effects you're describing are more than likely attributed to the tramadol (ie: pain pill) than a couple of misplaced trazodone tablets. T

jnegrl

wrong Rx from Pharmacy

:confused:Yes, i called the Dr. and i have an appt. tomorrow. the symptoms are mostly gone. just feel sleep and lethargic.
So does anyone thin i should take this to small claims court. whats a good amount to ask for. Compensation for days missed of work and personal disability (pain & suffering)

Roo

$1,200.00 has a nice ring to it. You'll probably have to prove actual damages before you'll be awarded anything, though.

dolebot

whats a good amount to ask for.
The amount that you were actually damaged. That would be hospital, transportation to and from, doctors care, any lost wages directly as a result of this, any followups, etc. Note that you would have to actually have paid these, so if your insurance covers it - your only damage is your deductible.

Note that you still have a responsibility to look at the darn pill bottle before you pop one. Didn't you notice that it looked different? This would be a tough one to win anything at all.

njjean

Disclaimer?

Did pharmacy have you sign a disclaimer when they gave you the gift card?

lealea1005

:eek:
1st- Contact your doctor and see them ASAP!
2nd- Contact a couple of big injury lawyers and listen to their advice.
Except OP has no injury or damage.

ALWAYS look at your pills, and read your prescription bottle, before taking ANY medication. You have to accept responsibility for that.

TheGeekess already stated, correctly, that 2 trazadone will not have any long affect on OP. What are you expecting your Physician to do?

If Op insists, they can file a report with their state Pharmacy Board who will investigate what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">