• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nukem6776

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I was served papers with the wrong name. My first name was correct but it was the wrong last name. I am the right person, but the paper had the wrong last name. what should i do? Will the court change it during trail, or will I get served another order if the case is dismissed?

Thank you for you help.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I was served papers with the wrong name. My first name was correct but it was the wrong last name. I am the right person, but the paper had the wrong last name. what should i do? Will the court change it during trail, or will I get served another order if the case is dismissed?

Thank you for you help.
**A: when you go to court, make sure that they spell your name correctly.
And what trail are you going on? Well, whatever one is is make sure you take some good healthy trail mix.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">