• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starks05

What is the name of your state?GA
Purchased a dirt bike in 2002 have all original paper work but not bill of sale. I have receipts of over $2000 worth of work completed. The Seller has filed Chapter 7 August 31, 2005 and asking for the bike back. He claims they are going to repo the bike soon. I have paid for the bike in full in 2002. He has agreed to pay me back the $1500 I paid. If he does not agree to pay can I take him to small claims court to get my money or at least what I have put into the bike.

JETX

starks05 said:
Purchased a dirt bike in 2002 have all original paper work but not bill of sale. I have receipts of over $2000 worth of work completed. The Seller has filed Chapter 7 August 31, 2005 and asking for the bike back. He claims they are going to repo the bike soon. I have paid for the bike in full in 2002. He has agreed to pay me back the $1500 I paid. If he does not agree to pay can I take him to small claims court to get my money or at least what I have put into the bike.
Why would ANYONE in their right mind put $2000 of work into someone ELSE's dirt bike??
The minute he gets the bike back, he will list your $1500 debt on his bankruptcy filing and it will be discharged by the court. Say goodbye to your money.... and the bike.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">