• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

X-boyfriend owes me money- do I have a case?-VA.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chrissy321

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
X-boyfriend told me he had a 4,500. payroll check coming in....He had invited me to go to NM to meet his 2 daughters. It was x-mas time and he said his check did not come in time and now it was cutting into the time he had to visit his 2 daughters on their x-mas break. I said I would put the expenses on my credit card since the check was coming in. I would just turn around and pay the credit card off with that check. He was appreciative and agreed. (( he delivers RV trailers for a living)) He has a Ford 350 deisel with a fifth wheel for his deliveries. I have my credit card bill itemization....showing diesel gas purchases and reciepts as well as the hotel expenses, food, gifts for his girls....I paid all the expenses on the credit card to keep records. He turned around and gave the 4500.00 payroll check to his mother and said that he had owed her money. Not to worry his work pays well and he would be able to pay off the credit card pretty quick. He asked me to start a new life with him and that he could do even better in Oklahoma. That he could get more business there and wanted to start a life with me. Blah, blah...sure you hear this story all the time. But he got me.He stopped calling me once I really put the pressure on to pay back the money..he kept saying he would but never gave money. Anyway... I have credit card itemization and reciepts. I mailed him certified letter with these reciepts and credit card bill and told him he needs to satisfy this and I would even work with him he must contact me. He left me a voice mail message that He will pay me...that it is not right that he does not pay me...he does not have it all...butwould pay me weekly...and sorry. ( I kept this voicemail ).... that was a month ago....no money has come. I text him does he have anything to send yet ? no answer...I text again ...what happened to the agreement on the voicemail messg. he left me that he would pay weekly something....no answer. I text him .... I will see you in court. I got response text..that said If I don't have it I can't send any...I'm trying ..it's going to take time like we had said..... He said he would pay weekly something....and nothing comes. I believe he will never attempt to pay the money back. This is wrong. Do I have a case to have a judgement placed against him for the money....or some of the money ...something. The credit card bill got to close to 5k owed all on his trip to see his girls and running from their some RV deliveries across the country.. I do not own a diesel truck, I have not reason to run across the states as it shows on my credit card... I hope I have a case along with my voicemail from him and the text message from him. I can give the name of the RV dealer that he has been working with to to show that he is the one that does all this delivery across states too. Do I have a case in small claims court? Will it cost me anything ? Thank-you!

vollbree88

bring him to court! it might cost you a bit but you can say that you are suing for court costs too... if you win, he will be responsible for paying your court costs AND paying you the origional amount he agreed to.

keep those reciepts and the credit card bill... oh and the voice mail is vital! make sure you listen to it frequently and then save it. (otherwise, after so many days, they get deleted). bring his butt to court as soon as you can--oh and if you have the text messages save them, too.

just because he doesn't have the money doesn't mean that you do. he needs to pay for what he agreed to--bring him to court as soon as you can.

btw, if he doesn't show to his court date... you'll win your case. there is no reason that he can't pay you--if it was a small amount i'd say forget about it, but that large of a bill? you need to take action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">