• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Yikes! She sues everyone!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hedy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am a property manager; I believe I am about to be sued by an individual who sues everyone. In the past 10 years she has filed about a dozen small claims suits, at least 2 civil suits, plus.

Typically, if my experience is like the others, she writes false letters to "document" a problem, the lack of a response to the problem that doesn't exist and then sues.

I'm concerned. Can I bring to the courts attention that this individual sues all the time? Otherwise, I fear that most evidence will be he said, she said. I think any judge will think it unlikely that she would have so much trouble as to have legitimate lawsuits against so many managers.

Thank you for your help.

154NH773

Does she have certified receipts for these "letters"? You could probably make a good case of her previous claims if you document them. The court can probably provide you with the files from her past cases.

W

Willlyjo

I am a property manager; I believe I am about to be sued by an individual who sues everyone. In the past 10 years she has filed about a dozen small claims suits, at least 2 civil suits, plus.

Typically, if my experience is like the others, she writes false letters to "document" a problem, the lack of a response to the problem that doesn't exist and then sues.

I'm concerned. Can I bring to the courts attention that this individual sues all the time? Otherwise, I fear that most evidence will be he said, she said. I think any judge will think it unlikely that she would have so much trouble as to have legitimate lawsuits against so many managers.

Thank you for your help.
Sounds like you are dealing with a "Vexacious Litigant".

CourtClerk

Sounds like you are dealing with a "Vexacious Litigant".
Someone can only be declared a vexatious litigant (in CA) by the courts through a very specific process, and a dozen small claims and 2 civil suits in 10 years doesn't even come CLOSE to meeting that criteria....:rolleyes:

CourtClerk

Thank you for your help.
You can purchase copies of the cases and bring them to the court's attention... whether they have bearing on her claim against you is up to the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">