• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Additional income available when already getting ssdi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freddy0303

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ
I have been on SSDI for a few years now. When i was awarded benefits i was awarded the longest duration till next review, 5-7 yrs the first time around when i applied. Iam wondering if there is additional money to apply for. I get $1503 from ssdi. Can i apply for unemployment? All i know is its very hard and nearly impossible to live on $1503 per month. If anybody knows of anything i can apply for please let me know. Thanks

freddy0303

I appreciate the feedback. Is there any other resources to obtain financial suuport from?I cant see how one is supposed to live on such a small sum of money. Believe me iam very grateful for my ssdi. Actually while talking with social security the other day the lady actually was the one who asked if i had applied for unemployment. I said no and she said i should. So i have done just that. ofcourse if i could do the work i have my entire life i would be. But my back doesnt allow me too anymore. I would love to hear if anybody knows of anything out there, or who has alot of experience in being in this position. Thx

LillianX

You can apply for food stamps. You can work. You CANNOT get unemployment if you are not available for work. You definitely can't get it if you haven't worked in a long time.

There isn't a program that I've ever heard of which offers free money to people on SSDI. You can supplement your SSDI income with a job. There are many, many jobs out there that don't require you to use your back. If you can use a computer, you can probably get a job somewhere.

OHRoadwarrior

Just think, if you had a job making $10 an hour, you would take home less than that. That is how much of this country lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">