• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ALJ Hearing Approved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PAM45601

I live in Chillicothe, Ohio. I had my social security hearing in front of the ALJ on Oct 20, 2005. He approved me at my hearing. I called the Hearing Of Appeals office yesterday to find out about my file. The lady said it was sent from the Hearing Of Appeals office Dec 12, 2005 for writing. I was just wondering if anyone knew how long the writing took, and then how long it took to get to the payment center. Thank You, Pam

45Frank

Wow that was quick I had my hearing in August, I was told the decision was made Nov. 14, Letter was sent out Dec. 22th and just recieved notice yesterday. :)
So I'm guessing 4-6 weeks but it seems that your area moves very quickly. :)
Good Luck

PAM45601

ALJ Hearing

Pam from Ohio. Hi Frank, did your file go to another office for writing before they sent you your approval letter? Have you received your award letter yet from Social Security Payment Center, telling you how much your benefits will be? I have been fighting for a long time. Ever since March, 2003. Was turned down twice, then I got an attorney, and it took 21 months to get my hearing in front of the ALJ, and he appproved me right then. Thank You, Pam

45Frank

Well my letter is just the ALJ decision (Notice of Decision). I know about waiting since Nov. 02.
Yes it went from South Carolina to Atlanta, GA. for writing then back. The letter I recieved came from SC so it goes full circle. About five weeks from decision to the day I recieved the letter, that was with the Holidays. I know everytime I called I recieved a different story, so who knows.The letter says it may take up to 60 days to process the decision, they also told me three months for ALJ decision and that took 5 so.
Good Luck and thanks for the info.

PAM45601 said:
Pam from Ohio. Hi Frank, did your file go to another office for writing before they sent you your approval letter? Have you received your award letter yet from Social Security Payment Center, telling you how much your benefits will be? I have been fighting for a long time. Ever since March, 2003. Was turned down twice, then I got an attorney, and it took 21 months to get my hearing in front of the ALJ, and he appproved me right then. Thank You, Pam

Ptrcmcc6

I guess it depends on where you live. My husband became disabled in Jan. '04. He was denied twice before we went before an ALJ on Nov. 4, 2005. He was finally approved by the ALJ on that date. Some time in the beginning of December '05, we received a letter of the ALJ's decision and just a week or so ago, we received a letter stating what his benefits will be each month. We live in New Jersey.

Ptrcmcc6

45Frank

Wow enother New Jersian. :( I'm an X. After not being able to work I couldn't afford my house, lost most anything worth anything including my business of 11 years. I have two kids also. I couldn't afford to live there anymore, it's nice here in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
My first attorney was in Monmouth county and he never sent in half my paperwork the first two times I think that was half my problem, :mad: new attorney and all went well, he couldn't believe what the other attorney didn't sent in. :)

It's been 2.5 weeks since the letter so I guess enother two or so.
Good Luck

Ptrcmcc6 said:
I guess it depends on where you live. My husband became disabled in Jan. '04. He was denied twice before we went before an ALJ on Nov. 4, 2005. He was finally approved by the ALJ on that date. Some time in the beginning of December '05, we received a letter of the ALJ's decision and just a week or so ago, we received a letter stating what his benefits will be each month. We live in New Jersey.

Ptrcmcc6

Ptrcmcc6

We live in Monmouth County but fortunately, his lawyer was based in Maryland. Like I said though, we had to appeal the SSA decision twice before we went before a ALJ and was approved. It was a very long process and, believe me, if it wasn't for my Mother, we would be living on the street by now. Between his lawyer and the monies we owe my Mom, the majority of his retro check is gone already and he hasn't even received it yet. I'm just thankful it was approved and we won't be living in total poverty anymore. That's not saying we are in any way rich. We will still need to budget all our money. It's just it will be nice not having to scrape together nickels and dimes to go get a gallon of milk.

Good luck to you in the future and come visit NJ again some time soon. It's still a beautiful state IMO. My in-laws live near the Blue Ridge Mountains in Lexington, VA.

Ptrcmcc6

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">