• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appeal of federal district court decision in minor ssi case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

minorcws

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

I recieved a final unfavorable decision in the southern district of florida relating the denial of a motion for summary judgement on behalf of my minor child in a civil suit seeking SSI against the social security commissioner. I am lost as to how much time do I have to appeal and where do I start? what jurisdiction of the courts do I invoke? Do I file a notice of Appeal or Petition for permission to appeal? What is included in this appeal request? What is a Brief of Jurisdiction? Is this appeal directed to the Supreme Cort? The appellant rules of procedure are confusing...please help.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

I recieved a final unfavorable decision in the southern district of florida relating the denial of a motion for summary judgement on behalf of my minor child in a civil suit seeking SSI against the social security commissioner. I am lost as to how much time do I have to appeal and where do I start? what jurisdiction of the courts do I invoke? Do I file a notice of Appeal or Petition for permission to appeal? What is included in this appeal request? What is a Brief of Jurisdiction? Is this appeal directed to the Supreme Cort? The appellant rules of procedure are confusing...please help.

Please clarify.

Did you file suit against a government official because you received a denial notice from SSA regarding benefits for your minor child?

minorcws

Yes, I filed a civil suit against the commissioner of social security, michael j astrue who is represented by asst. united states attorney jeffrey dickstein. I filed pro se and proceeded informa pauperies. Both parties filed briefs, summary judgements, and reply/responses. The magistrate issued a report and recommendation denying my motion and granting defendants motion. I objected and district judge also adopted nopinion of magistrate and denied my motion. I filed in the southern district of florida. I am confused as to the time limit to file a notice of appeal and where? I have recieved different answers from the federal help desk. I beleive I file an notice of appeal with ihe district court for review by the 11th circuit court of appeals. If I am correct, what should be included in this notice of appeal and does a Brief of Jurisdiction follow? or Do I submitt an initial brief with the facts of the case? If so, How much time do i have after notice of Appeal is filed?

FlyingRon

Do I get understand this straight, you were denied a summary judgement. You can NOT appeal this. You go to regular trial on the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">