• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Appeals Council for Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

panny12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
What happens after my social security disability gets at the hearing level and goes to The Appeals Council?
Can I get out of the appeal now?
The reason is I would like to add more and new medical info that I have with my condition, since my condition has gotten a lot worse since I saw the ALJ. I feel a new case will benefit my case on the account that I can present so much more now. I have had changes since I first applied and con not even do half the stuff anymore. Thank you

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
What happens after my social security disability gets at the hearing level and goes to The Appeals Council?
Can I get out of the appeal now?
The reason is I would like to add more and new medical info that I have with my condition, since my condition has gotten a lot worse since I saw the ALJ. I feel a new case will benefit my case on the account that I can present so much more now. I have had changes since I first applied and con not even do half the stuff anymore. Thank you
You can request a withdrawal of the Appeals Council appeal and file a new claim. But that means you are giving up any payments before the ALJ denial date. The Appeals Council evaluates whether or not the ALJ made the right decision with the information he/she had, not information that was not previously available. But you also have to look at your Date Last Insured for SSDI because if it is in the past, you may have a problem with an SSDI claim.

Should talk to your attorney. But if you are going to withdraw the appeal, it is probably better that you do it sooner rather than later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">