• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Applying for Social Security Or SSDI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fredf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have been on STD from my company and plan to go on LTD in March. The company group policy I have is with Guardian Insurance and my premiums are paid after tax. I will be 62 in April and was online yesterday filing for straight Social Security early retirement at 62. I don't know whether to answer y or n to the question about sickness in the past 14 months or ultimate death. Saying yes would trigger me into SSDI. I do not know if my policies have offsets for SSDI and none for SS, or both. Anyone been through this before. My doctor states I would qualify for disability no problem. I do not plan to work any longer. How can I get the best benefit?

csi7

Go to the website and review the information.

If there is a local office near you, go talk to them in person, make your list of questions before you go, and that will help you work through the process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">