• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Applying for SSI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

armin88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I apply for SSI and hear stories that in most cases when you apply for the first time they denied you.I was always told once that happens hire a SSI lawyer and more likely ill get it.My question is,if i'm denied during the first try and I hire a lawyer,I was told they(SSI) have pay me for all the months I been waiting to get SSI.Is that true?

Onderzoek

You have to be disabled in order to qualify. There has to be medical evidence that verifies that you cannot hold a job. Hiring a lawyer doesn't change the requirement that you have medical evidence that you are disabled. Since you only asked about SSI, you also have to have limited income and resources.

So to answer your question, you may denied or approved at the initial level; you may be denied or approved at the hearing; you may get back pay or you may not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">