• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Approved for SSI after hearing, but concerned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ninama

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

I just received verbal notice (by phone) that the judge found in favor of me in re my SSI claim. My initial application was almost exactly 2 years ago :eek: - I was denied and then my request for reconsideration was denied. Ultimately I had two hearings before a judge. The last was about 3 weeks ago.

In August of '08 a took a sedentary position that permits me to lay down when ever I feel the need and pays under $900 per month - without it my world as I know it would have collapsed. Phone, food, utilities, etc. - and I receive no public assistance. The judge was aware of this job and I was asked to describe the activities and responsibilities that it entails. Still, I'm concerned about the impact these wages may have on my case. Could the judges ruling be reversed based on this income? My advocates told me it was permissible to earn under $900 per month while my claim was pending.

I have an appointment at a local SSA office next Wed and I'm to give them all my pay stubs (or request them from my employer if mine are incomplete).

Does anyone have experience with employment will their case was pending?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BL

No , but the advocate is most likely correct . I believe for 2009 it's 980.00 one can earn per month .Prior years are a little lower .

I'm to tired to search , but you can find them per yr. on SSA.GOV or try goggling it .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">