• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

approved for ssi how long untill ssdi backpay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajmill101

new hampshire
So I have a load of mental health issues and got a fully favorable decision out of the application process, no lawyer.. I recieved an over the phone interview from the local social security office today and qualified fro ssi. the lady (very nice) told me i should expect ssi from the month after the original application (september) untill now (february). so i guess my question is, after i recieve ssi direct deposit, how long untill i should recieve my ssdi back pay? Anyone out there please help me.. I havent stopped obsesing over this and many forums have helped me but after hours of rewording my question i find no answer.. please help
Andy

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
new hampshire
So I have a load of mental health issues and got a fully favorable decision out of the application process, no lawyer.. I recieved an over the phone interview from the local social security office today and qualified fro ssi. the lady (very nice) told me i should expect ssi from the month after the original application (september) untill now (february). so i guess my question is, after i recieve ssi direct deposit, how long untill i should recieve my ssdi back pay? Anyone out there please help me.. I havent stopped obsesing over this and many forums have helped me but after hours of rewording my question i find no answer.. please help
Andy
SSDI is based on employment history. SSI is needs-based. Two different programs.

ajmill101

approved for ssi how long untill i get ssdi back pay

I am aware of the difference of the two but i am asking once the pay for ssi hits the acount how long should i expect until disability back pay hits the acount, like a time frame between the 2. i am entiled ssi until april first becuase thats when disabilty kicks in and i make to much to continue ssi, i am enitiled ssi the month after my application was filled out until disability starts.. does that help?

Last edited:

ajmill101

is that ur experience or is that what ssa says? ssa told me when my case went to quality review it would be 60 days and it took 3 days. i noticed a patern of ssa way over estimating time and wondering what personal experiences on my question was

commentator

On this forum, onderzoek is the very best advisor you are going to get regarding this type of issue. How on earth could anyone give you an exact time frame for this? Even if you had someone come on and say, "I was in that exact situation, and I got mine in 9 days" would you then expect yours in exactly nine days? Individual circumstances vary. Agency workloads vary. 60-90 days is what they tell you at the official station, I strongly suspect.

Last edited:

ajmill101

yes looking for some one who experienced the same situation but wouldnt expect the same exact time frame just an estimate from who experienced this same matter. is it 60-90 days after ssi hits the account or 60-90 days after i have been recived a fully favorable decision? I am enitled to ssi until disability kicks in from september until april then once disablity starts, ssi ends. so is the 60-90 days after i recive ssi? im just so sick of waiting. its an added stressor and more anxiety than i care to have.. hurry up and wait hurry up and wait. u feel me

Last edited:

Onderzoek

There is no one on this forum or anywhere else that has the same set of parameters as you; what is the backlog in the PC mod? how experienced is the CA who adjudicates your SSDI claim - does their work need to be reviewed? will there be any systems exceptions? will the allowance hit the system before or after the payment cutoff for that month? will the amount be over or under a threshhold for a second review? how backlogged is that unit/mod?

There are people who get their SSDI benefits 10 days after final allowance; others take six months. I am guessing you will be in between.

Perhaps it would help if you focus on the fact that you have been approved and you know that you will be paid soon. I don't think you want to go back to the time when you didn't have any idea about whether or not you would be paid. You are in a better situation now.

Last edited:

ajmill101

LoL yes i was just telling my girl friend last night, i just have to sit tight. and atleast the anxiety of a denial or approval is behind me. people say just check ur account every day and one day it just appears there. sorry for being a pain aboiut this whole situation, if u couldnt already tell i have anxiety issues and ocd along with like 4 or 5 other diagnosed mental health problems

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">