• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chunky chuck

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

i applied my social security disability last october 6,2011 and i just got an award letter today march 31,2012 that i was approved.they give me also a 599.91 $ for my ssi for the month of oct 2011 to january 2012 and 192 $ for the month of february and thats it for ssi. i will start recieving my ssdi benefits by May 2012 but it dont say on the award letter if i get a back pay for the 5 months that i wait for them to approved my application but it says on the letter that my lawyer cant get any payment.i dont understand this part,cant get a hold of my atty because its a weekend and i cant wait for an answer of my question.do i get a back pay for ssdi or not?please answer me,thanks:confused:

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

i applied my social security disability last october 6,2011 and i just got an award letter today march 31,2012 that i was approved.they give me also a 599.91 $ for my ssi for the month of oct 2011 to january 2012 and 192 $ for the month of february and thats it for ssi. i will start receiving my ssdi benefits by May 2012 but it dont say on the award letter if i get a back pay for the 5 months that i wait for them to approved my application but it says on the letter that my lawyer cant get any payment.i dont understand this part,cant get a hold of my atty because its a weekend and i cant wait for an answer of my question.do i get a back pay for ssdi or not?please answer me,thanks:confused:
There is a 5 month waiting period for SSDI,meaning you are not entitled to benefits for SSDI for that 5 month wainting period .

Attornies that represent SSA applicants do so on a contingency basis .

Meaning they agree to be paid about 25% of their client's back pay.

If your SSDI has no back pay there is nothing for the attorney to collect.

SSI is paid monthly and even though you are receiving the amounts owed it's really not back pay.

Don't be surprized if your lawyer ask you to pay him.

If he has an agreement with SSA and you signed a contingency agreement with the lawyer,you will owe nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">