• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BackPAY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cathren1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? `VA

I was just approved for benefits for SSI retroactive to Jan 2008. When can I expect paymemt for the backpay. I have heard that they split it in three paymemts and send you one every six weeks. I have also heard that you may nerver get it.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? `VA

I was just approved for benefits for SSI retroactive to Jan 2008. When can I expect paymemt for the backpay. I have heard that they split it in three paymemts and send you one every six weeks. I have also heard that you may nerver get it.
Obviously if you die before it's received then you won't get it - but other than that yes, you WILL get your back-pay.

How much and when depends largely on the amount; it may be spread over several checks. The first may be quite soon and then if need be, the second will be in either 5 or 6 months (I forget offhand which). If there is still money owed, you'll get the third check 5/6 months after that. In other words, over the course of a year.

This is a very general guideline - how long it takes on a local level can vary.

BL

Also be aware if you received State aid in the form of cash , reimbursement to the State will come off the top of any retroactive amount(s).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">