• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Qualify for SSDisability Now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SandySydney

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am 60yr old women who quit my job 3 years ago after working at the company for 32 years. I told them I was "retiring" but actually I quit because I couldn't handle the job any more...I was a graphic designer who was burnt out. I lived on my husband's income (from perm disability ins, and city pension-type income). Finally our monthly bills were too many so we started taking $5,000 a mo. from my IRA acct.
This past Jan 2008 I was diagonosed by Kaiser Perm. with Buerger's Disease and had to have my right leg amputated (just below the knee) and fingers on both hands amputated to one inch of palms (except both thumbs & one pinky finger) because of the gangrene.

I recently got a prostheses which I think, if I train on it, I can walk again and hopefully learn to drive again. My hands are in terrible shape....have a hard time even trying to pick up things, plus my leg & hands give me pain.

Now I am wondering if I can qualify for any type of monies to help us out....or is it already too late?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Sandra FryeWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

NRH81

Yes! Absolutely! Apply now. You'll get it. Takes anywhere from six months to a year however once approved (and I'm sure you will be) you'll get a back payment from the date the application was received. I've seen people get on SSD for lesser disabilities. Your doctor can help you. Get the benifits you deserve.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">