+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    ladybug1969 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    Question Can my children draw a check off of their dad?

    What is the name of your state? Arkansas
    My ex-husband draws a SSI disability check. Everyone keeps telling me that my 2 children that he had fathered are supposed to recieve a check off of him. He has been disabled since he was 13 yrs. of age. I don't understand why they can't draw a check off of him. And if they can, do we get back pay for all the years that they haven't recieved anything? I am so confused about the whole matter. Please give me advice on this matter.

  2. #2
    getitdone is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Not if he gets SSI. SSI goes to the disabled person only. There is no extra amount payable to children. If he gets SSDI, they may be eligible to get something. That depends on how much he worked and paid in to Social Security.

Similar Threads

  1. Employer draw too much in 2005, repay in one check in 2006?
    By adalric in forum Wage & Salary Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 09:59 AM
  2. Salary vs. Draw
    By kjd40169 in forum Wage & Salary Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 12:03 PM
  3. Children being check for molestation every month
    By candi4687 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 06:30 AM
  4. background check -- working with children?
    By CGA in forum Hiring, Firing & Wrongful Termination
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 10:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.