• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

changes to a completed SSI case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joninutah

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? UT moving to ID

I was approved for SSI, on my second filing. when they approved me they said my disabled date was august 2000, but since I was denied by an ALJ i had to go off my own work record (which wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't been fighting them for 4 years). is there anything I can do to change this? or am i just stuck.

disability- Problems arising from a t-3 to l-3 spinal fusion. (have since discovered disc degeneration and spinal stenosis(also called adjacent degenerative disease))

Thank you for any assistance. im naive at best.

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? UT moving to ID

I was approved for SSI, on my second filing. when they approved me they said my disabled date was august 2000, but since I was denied by an ALJ i had to go off my own work record (which wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't been fighting them for 4 years). is there anything I can do to change this? or am i just stuck.

disability- Problems arising from a t-3 to l-3 spinal fusion. (have since discovered disc degeneration and spinal stenosis(also called adjacent degenerative disease))

Thank you for any assistance. im naive at best.
Confused here. SSI doesn't require having a work record. Do you mean SSDI? Who's record would you like to qualify on? Are you over age 50 with a deceased spouse?

If you didn't file an appeal on the prior ALJ denial at the time, it is probably too late now. How old are you, how many years of work did you have before 2000 and how many after? Did you have an attorney? If not, why not? Not enough info to even give a guess.

Joninutah

I was hoping to file on my parents work record, currently i am 27. When i initially applied i had worked for 4 years solid, at which point i was 23. I did appeal the ALJ decision and it was denied, but when i reapplied (as i was told to do from the ssa) i was approved nearly immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">