• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support Garnishment Order and SSDI Back Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chajoy1978

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I recently went to court for child support. The NCP was very recently awarded SSDI. DCSS placed a garnishment order on 8/24/2015 (the day of court) for the arrears that are owed prior to the monthly child support being set to $0. He stated in court that he would start receiving his first monthly benefit payment on 9/3/2015. I do not believe he has received any of his back pay. My question is, if he has not received his pack pay yet, and even though the order was placed after he was approved, is it possible for his lump sum to still be intercepted prior to being sent to him? Also, how long does it take SSA to receive an IWO from DCSS? Hope this makes sense!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">