• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support issues/ Social security

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jenandchy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Hello,
I was married at the time I conceived my daughter with another mans child. Here in Florida,they say since I was still legally married to my exhusband at the time, that he is my daughters father. Her father has never paidor has been ordered to pay child support, and he has not seen her since she was 4 moths old. I have a 5yr restraining order agaginst him. I filed for child support action, however child support enforcement sent me a letter saying my daughters dad (my ex-husband is the father and is deceased), Im guessing the courts advised them of that. Can I claim social security benefits for my daughter? The other man signed the birth certificate, and I was not advised that my legal husband should have signed it. Its a very complicated issue. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Jennifer

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It sounds to me like the "other man" (you know, kiddo's father) may be the legal father of your baby, as ya'll signed the documents stating so. I would speak to an attorney.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Hello,
I was married at the time I conceived my daughter with another mans child. Here in Florida,they say since I was still legally married to my exhusband at the time, that he is my daughters father. Her father has never paidor has been ordered to pay child support, and he has not seen her since she was 4 moths old. I have a 5yr restraining order agaginst him. I filed for child support action, however child support enforcement sent me a letter saying my daughters dad (my ex-husband is the father and is deceased), Im guessing the courts advised them of that. Can I claim social security benefits for my daughter? The other man signed the birth certificate, and I was not advised that my legal husband should have signed it. Its a very complicated issue. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Jennifer
Call SSA ..

Generally ,yes children born during a marriage are considered family .

Ain't that a shame your are money hungry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">