• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In correct SSN Data - Not corrected after multiple attempts.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vpotty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I reached US on the 19th of October 2013.
I applied for my SSN in November 2013. I did not receive the SSN till end of January. I visited their office and they told me that they will RESEND the SSN to the same address. I received the SSN on the same address I gave SSA the first time I filled their application.
I went for my Driver's test. They informed me that the Date of Birth on SSN records does not match my DOB on other records. I called-up SSN office and they adviced me to visit the local SSA office with my passport and immigration document. I visited them yesterday. After sitting in the counter for more than 45 minutes, they told me that the changes are made and msut reflect in other systems in 24 hours. But, it did not happen.
My Employer's I-9 validation (E-Verify), for my data failed because of the DOB mismatch.

All the trips to SSN and DMV and issues with I-9 validation failure and multiple calls to SSA are causing my undue stress.

Is there a legal remedy possible for my duress?

Proserpina

I reached US on the 19th of October 2013.
I applied for my SSN in November 2013. I did not receive the SSN till end of January. I visited their office and they told me that they will RESEND the SSN to the same address. I received the SSN on the same address I gave SSA the first time I filled their application.
I went for my Driver's test. They informed me that the Date of Birth on SSN records does not match my DOB on other records. I called-up SSN office and they adviced me to visit the local SSA office with my passport and immigration document. I visited them yesterday. After sitting in the counter for more than 45 minutes, they told me that the changes are made and msut reflect in other systems in 24 hours. But, it did not happen.
My Employer's I-9 validation (E-Verify), for my data failed because of the DOB mismatch.

All the trips to SSN and DMV and issues with I-9 validation failure and multiple calls to SSA are causing my undue stress.

Unfortunately there's not a thing you can do about it.

Onderzoek

Undue stress? Duress? Legal remedy?

Either there was something wrong with your documents (mismatch name etc.) or there was possibly one keying error made by SSA. In the US for less than six months and already looking for someone to sue. Geez. Really?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">