• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deceased father and possible Social Security Death claim?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodsoul1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

My deceased father owed and filed tax for his restaurant business for close to 4 years prior to his death 10 years ago. At the time he was a alien and was using his social security card to file tax for the business. We still keep his social security card with us. Just want to see given the situation, is it possible to claim any Social Security Death on his behalf? My widow mother did not file tax nor considered as his dependent at the time. Greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

My deceased father owed and filed tax for his restaurant business for close to 4 years prior to his death 10 years ago. At the time he was a alien and was using his social security card to file tax for the business. We still keep his social security card with us. Just want to see given the situation, is it possible to claim any Social Security Death on his behalf? My widow mother did not file tax nor considered as his dependent at the time. Greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
She would have to be at least age 60 or 50 and disabled to file as a widow, but like the previous poster, I agree that 4 years of work is probably not enough. Always best to file a claim and have SSA review the earnings history and make a formal decision and notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">