• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

desperate for an answer, anyone know any online live ssi lawyers i can pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gonefishin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA but im asking about ssi.
i got letter that i won my SSI appeal, that the administrative law judge ruled fully favorable
that i am disabled. the problem is im leaving for federal prison may28th.
i see on this site theres that askalawyer.com thing that i can pay a lawyer to answer my question.
im just trying to find out if ill get my back benefits that the judge says im disabled from feb 2011
to now may 2012. i cant find anyone that knows for sure and i dont wanna call ssi because theyd love information like that. i just want my back benefits or find out if im eligible for them with SSI, as this is different than SSDI. please tell me if askalawyer.com is worth paying for, im desperate just for some good news
that ill at least get my back benefits, just some good news before i go to jail.

OHRoadwarrior

If you are intending to defraud the SSA, advising us of such is appreciated. I doubt anyone is going to advise you. We want the government to not illegally pay you for incarceration time.

Onderzoek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA but im asking about ssi.
i got letter that i won my SSI appeal, that the administrative law judge ruled fully favorable
that i am disabled. the problem is im leaving for federal prison may28th.
i see on this site theres that askalawyer.com thing that i can pay a lawyer to answer my question.
im just trying to find out if ill get my back benefits that the judge says im disabled from feb 2011
to now may 2012. i cant find anyone that knows for sure and i dont wanna call ssi because theyd love information like that. i just want my back benefits or find out if im eligible for them with SSI, as this is different than SSDI. please tell me if askalawyer.com is worth paying for, im desperate just for some good news
that ill at least get my back benefits, just some good news before i go to jail.
If you could find any lawyer to give you advice, that is all you would get, advice. Advice is not a check. If a lawyer could force SSA to act, there would be a lot more people who get money. The only people that can issue a check is the Social Security employees. So, you are going to have to talk to employees at the Social Security Administration. I previously told you to be honest and forthright with the employees. And bring all evidence of your income, resources and living arrangements since you filed your claim.

And an attorney can't tell you 'for sure' what actions will be taken on what date and even whether or not you meet the income and resource rules for SSI. The SSA employees have access to information about you that your attorney does not. No one will give you a 'for sure' answer in advance, especially a lawyer who is a trained sentence parser.

Or continue on your intent to defraud and see how far you get.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">