+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    TeresaYo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15

    Disability Fraud

    What is the name of your state? Florida

    How do I go about reporting someone who's been collecting disability illegally? This person claims they have a bad back, yet this same individual is building a room in their garage (alone) and lifting heavy materials, sawing, drilling, bending... As a taxpayer, it sickens me to know that he's able to collect disability insurance and not have to work.
  2. #2
    BL
    BL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In the good old US of A
    Posts
    19,182
    SSA sends out periodic reviews and/or sends beneficiaries for evaluations to determine their ongoing disability , or if they are disabled . Also their Dr's. send in periodic reports .

    It took more than just back pain complaints for my sister to receive SSDI . SSD isn't easy to be approved for .

    Besides , the beneficiary may have other issues that would qualify him/her .

    Here's a link , but says nothing about fraud as you describe .

    [url]http://www.ssa.gov/oig/hotline/index.htm[/url]
  3. #3
    TeresaYo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15
    Thank you so much for your response. There are a lot of legitimate claims for disability out there and then you do have some that are able to fake it through the system. It doesn't hurt to have this investigated. This person was just released from jail about 3 weeks ago for theft from a pawn shop. That site you provided had a Fraud Reporting Form on it, so I was able to complete the form. We'll see what happens. Thank you.
  4. #4
    jffmstrs is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaYo View Post
    Thank you so much for your response. There are a lot of legitimate claims for disability out there and then you do have some that are able to fake it through the system. It doesn't hurt to have this investigated. This person was just released from jail about 3 weeks ago for theft from a pawn shop. That site you provided had a Fraud Reporting Form on it, so I was able to complete the form. We'll see what happens. Thank you.
    It's people like you who don't always know the real reasons behind a person's disability and base your oppinions on what you think is going on and is hell bent out of jealousy, or whatever the real reason is, that causes people who have disabilities to have to fight like hell to keep their disability! Soooo, he was in jail three weeks ago for theft from a pawn shop. Has he been proven quilty in the court of law? What does that have to do with him drawing disability?
  5. #5
    jffmstrs is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaYo View Post
    What is the name of your state? Florida

    How do I go about reporting someone who's been collecting disability illegally? This person claims they have a bad back, yet this same individual is building a room in their garage (alone) and lifting heavy materials, sawing, drilling, bending... As a taxpayer, it sickens me to know that he's able to collect disability insurance and not have to work.
    Well, he had to have worked somewhere inorder to have paid in Social Security! Your a tax payer? What does that have to do with anything? I draw disability after working for 35 years straight, and becoming disbabled in a car wreck! Lady, I paid in to Social Security! If you are thinking that your taxes are paying for his SSD, you are full of BS!
    It sickens you that he is able to draw disability and not have to work? Lady, I know you would be keeping the phone hot to the Social Security office everytime you saw him leave for work, or heard of him having a job! You are just plain jealous, perhaps you have tried to get disability and were denied! Let me tell you this... Living on SSD is not easy! We aren't wealthy! It barely pays the bills! I'd much rather be able to hold down a fulltime job!You are lucky that you can work!
  6. #6
    tigervet is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21
    I couldnt agree more. I can almost promise you he has been awarded his disability on more than his back. People should be concerned with their own lives and problems instead of causing trouble for others.
  7. #7
    jffmstrs is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by tigervet View Post
    I couldnt agree more. I can almost promise you he has been awarded his disability on more than his back. People should be concerned with their own lives and problems instead of causing trouble for others.
    Yeah well the Poster is going to report him on the fraud hotline because she knows she doesn't have to leave her name! I doubt she would do this if she had to tell them her name. I think they ought to do away with no name hotlines! If the caller, or anyone one else who calls these hotlines think the person they are reporting is doing something wrong, then by god they shouldn't have a problem with leaving their name's! I call them" cowards" who's only intention is to cause trouble for someone else! When someone appeals a decition concerning their check being stoped due to repeated reports by a person or persons, I think the people who made the reports should have to show their cowardly face's in appeals court!
  8. #8
    jffmstrs is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    39
    Tiggervet, you should read her post titled " Would this be considered defemation"? Is's about her daughter who became a foster child. The girl was interveiwed by the newspaper who did an artical about foster children. The Poster said that everything the girl told the news people were lies about her. Poster states " It's just sad that my daughter hates me so much she'd have things like this printed up"! I'm thinking maybe the man she is making a report of fraud against is the foster parent whom her daughter lived with! Well all I can say to the poster is to mind her own business, then maybe her daughter wouldn't hate her so much!
  9. #9
    tigervet is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21
    All I can say is good luck to the poor soul she is after. Maybe she can find something more productive to do with her time.
  10. #10
    mommy22008 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3

    Angry you people are mind blowing

    Ok, so i'm reading everyones posts and i'm just blown away. My kids are sleeping so no i dont have anyhting else better to do, i know its sad, lol. Anyways, there are people out there who commit fraud thats just how it is. And people need to report it. If theyre not lying yay for them if they are someone who is taking money who shouldnt just got caught congratulations. The ONLY reason i found this site is because my husbands loser ex wife who is to LAZY to get off her you know what and get a job is collecting workers comp (well just disability now) and disability for "hurting her back" BUT Everytime we would exchange the kids she would pick these 60 pound children up and out from the back of the truck and now shes pregnant (because getting pregnant will help heal an injured back). Its WRONG to falsly collect money if you DO NOT deserve it and somebody SHOULD do something about it .
  11. #11
    Nativity is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    514
    Someone should do something about people who post nonsense on a year old post!
  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    31
    "Somebody" should do a lot of things....

    But seriously, I don't tell my neighbors all about my health problems. I can only eat specific things, and if someone wants to think it a bad stomach, I don't correct them.

    This guy with a bad back could have a number of problems less glamorous than a bad back. Maybe he has colitis and craps out blood every 30 minutes toilet or not. It could be a mental problem. It could be a number of things that keep him from working productively.

    Instead of trying to make him miserable - go find him a job building rooms in his garage. Hell, he might have been building a bathroom for his spastic colon after crapping himself 5 second after getting out of the car 10 too many times.

    I wish I had the energy and free time to be this concerned about my neighbors.
  13. #13
    criscross is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2

    question

    My friend works at a office, she filed for disability because she told her doctor she was pregnant and high risk because she already had a miscarrage before. She told the doctor she cant sleep, been throwing up, stressed out and bleeding all the time. the doctor said ok, and put her on bed rest and told her dont go to work. she recieves disability checks from her job but she goes to cosmotology school full time everyday. Would that be considered fraud because she says shes to ill to go to work behind a computer and talk on the phone, but instead she goes to school everyday???
  14. #14
    Proserpina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Watching you eat your Cheerios
    Posts
    39,147
    Quote Originally Posted by criscross View Post
    My friend works at a office, she filed for disability because she told her doctor she was pregnant and high risk because she already had a miscarrage before. She told the doctor she cant sleep, been throwing up, stressed out and bleeding all the time. the doctor said ok, and put her on bed rest and told her dont go to work. she recieves disability checks from her job but she goes to cosmotology school full time everyday. Would that be considered fraud because she says shes to ill to go to work behind a computer and talk on the phone, but instead she goes to school everyday???


    1. You resurrected an old thread. Please don't do that.

    2. It's not your business what your friend does.

Similar Threads

  1. Divorce & SS disability fraud
    By Help-a-Hubby in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 11:51 AM
  2. disability fraud
    By jmswasp in forum Social Security Disability / SSI Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 10:31 AM
  3. Child Support and Disability Fraud(maybe)
    By Chuken17 in forum Child Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 04:04 PM
  4. NYC Sanitation Dept Disability Fraud?
    By mariajb in forum Workplace Injuries & Worker’s Compensation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 09:08 AM
  5. Disability Fraud
    By LEPKO in forum Workplace Injuries & Worker’s Compensation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2001, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.