• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability Retirement and Post Office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carinap1212

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hi there.

My husband was diagnosed with Complex PTSD back at the end of Jan 2013, with the cause is his work environment. We filed for disability retirement from the Post Office which he has worked at for 19 years. We also filed for Social Security Disability. He was approved for Social Security Disability Sept 2013. We have yet to hear anything from the Post Office. We just started getting bills from the Post Office for his health insurance premiums also. We were under the impression from the retirement rep that this was covered during the process and once retired we had to pick up the cost. March will be a year.

A couple questions: Has anyone had any experience with this situation? After a year, will he be let go if his retirement doesn't go through? I feel he gets the run around when he calls, which unfortunately he isn't in his right mind either, but they really won't talk with me. I was also told it's harder to get SSDI then the disability retirement, but it seemed to be the opposite.

Again, any advice will do.

Thanks so much!
Take Care,
Carina

OHRoadwarrior

I believe the insurance is coming from the union not the PO. He should discuss it with them. If it coming from the PO take it up with HR.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">