• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability review questions - CDR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

notanid10t

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM

I have been on Social Security Disability since November 2009. My award letter said I have a 3 year medical review. I recently (for the first time) received a short form asking me if I spoke to my Dr. about if I could return to work (he said no) and filled the questionnaire out appropriately. Also, I sent in my latest psychological evaluation since then as a form of documentation - to hopefully help them see that there has been no changes.

Since I sent that paperwork, I went overseas in the attempt to return to school and use it as a way to heal from my psychological issues - I can be fired from a job if I have a breakdown but I cannot from school. (I went overseas because it is much cheaper for tuition, housing, etc) Anyhow, I had a major breakdown while overseas and was hospitalized for 15 days because of it. I have a scan of a letter that my Dr in the Netherlands sent to my psychologist here in the US stating what happened, how long I was hospitalized, etc. Should I print out that letter and drop it off at the local Social Security office, mail it to Social Security somewhere or hold tight until they come back asking for more info?

I just want to try to nip this in the bud so I don't have to stress over it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">