• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability Update Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deeless

Pennsylvania

I just received my disability update report. I have been on disability for chronic back pain GAD and Depression. for 3 years. I am now up for a review. The review consists of a 2 page form that I must fill out. It also states that they may want to do a full review. When I first got disability 3 years ago I was approved the first time did not have to get a Lawyer. My condition has not improved I still am unable to work.

My question is what are the chances that I will have to go through a full review. If anyone could give me a percentage figure it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your response in advance

Sincerely,
Worried

Last edited:

tetra123

100% you will go through a review. And if you are still as disabled as you were 3 years ago you have no worries. Unless you are commiting fraud. If you are you have a lot more depression to deal with.

pamida

I also got one of these they send them out every few years. I also got SS without having to get an attorney due to arthritis and fibromyaliga and extreme fatigue I have been up for review 2 or 3 times since I was approved and have never had to have a full review. I really don't think you have anything to worry about as long as your on disability you will get these forms ever 3 years or so they just check to make sure your health has not improved enought to work. I have never had any problems with having to provide any extra information when I sent mine is so I would not worry to much about it. In my case my fatigue has gotten so bad I can no longer function I have memory problems and can not do even a simple task anymore so there is no way I could work. I am sure you won't have any problems keeping your SS.
Pamm

FlyersFan

Disability Update

Thanks pamida, your reply has helped ease an
emotionally disturbed persons mind. Tetra's reply
seemed to be on the "nasty" side. I just got one of
these Update letters and now feel better about it.
I will return here and post my own update. thank you. :eek:

BL

The letter says they may do a full review .

Depending on the severity of your disability , they may sent a follow up letter stating the are not going to do a full review at this time , or they may want to .

Send the forms in timely .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">