• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability update report advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Core29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi all i got a letter from ssi/ssdi about a disability update report and i am a nervous wreck.

i saw the questions and realized that i haven't been to a DR in a long long time. I am a nervous that i might loss my ssdi now or something :/.

i know i messed up but didn't know if it was that bad.

what can i do to fix this if its a big problem?

justalayman

Why do you believe there is a problem? Both SSI and SSDI have reviews of your condition to ensure you remain qualified to receive SSI or SSDI. QuitE simply you do what is asked and if you remain disabled you continue on as you have. If your medical condition has improved such that you no longer qualify for SSI or
SSDI, you get a job to support yourself like the rest of working America.

commentator

Even those who have severe and permanent limitations, like my paraplegic brother in law, are required periodically to re certify. You don't think they're just going to approve you and let you keep on for years without continuing to monitor your condition and situation, do you? It won't kill you to go back to the doctor, either and get yourself re evaluated,and perhaps you can manage a resubmission of everything required without having to get an attorney involved.

Core29

Why do you believe there is a problem? Both SSI and SSDI have reviews of your condition to ensure you remain qualified to receive SSI or SSDI. QuitE simply you do what is asked and if you remain disabled you continue on as you have. If your medical condition has improved such that you no longer qualify for SSI or
SSDI, you get a job to support yourself like the rest of working America.

sometimes i over react cause of my anxiety and i worry a lot about stuff that i shouldn't and/or i over worry too. Sorry about that plus i also put my self into depression from it. i gotten depression & anxiety after i saw my father die in front of me when i was 16. I always panic when a letter from ssi comes in :/.

Thanks for the reply.

Even those who have severe and permanent limitations, like my paraplegic brother in law, are required periodically to re certify. You don't think they're just going to approve you and let you keep on for years without continuing to monitor your condition and situation, do you? It won't kill you to go back to the doctor, either and get yourself re evaluated,and perhaps you can manage a resubmission of everything required without having to get an attorney involved.
Oh ok makes sense now. so even if i was following everything by the book this would still come up then right?

Yea i should and will be heading back to the DR's next week. Also sorry to hear about your brother in law :/ hope his good days out weight the bad ones.

thanks for the reply.

Kit Cat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi all i got a letter from ssi/ssdi about a disability update report and i am a nervous wreck.

i saw the questions and realized that i haven't been to a DR in a long long time. I am a nervous that i might loss my ssdi now or something :/.

i know i messed up but didn't know if it was that bad.

what can i do to fix this if its a big problem?

You need to get to a doctor IMMEDIATELY

I cannot stress this enough.

When is the report due? Have you already returned it?

Core29

You need to get to a doctor IMMEDIATELY

I cannot stress this enough.

When is the report due? Have you already returned it?
going to the DR's tomorrow.

its due on the 15th of nov and yea i sent it already like 2-3 days ago.

i hope i am not too late cause i don't wanna be canceled or in trouble of any kind. i messed up and trying to fix it rn.

would they understand that you think or what?

Last edited:

Kit Cat

going to the DR's tomorrow.

its due on the 15th of nov and yea i sent it already like 2-3 days ago.

i hope i am not too late cause i don't wanna be canceled or in trouble of any kind. i messed up and trying to fix it rn.

would they understand that you think or what?
OK, if you did not list any recent doctor's appointments....

They will probably follow up with you by sending you a long form medical review and most likely a visit with a social security doc

It is GREAT that you are going to the doc tomorrow.

1. Do you know what condition you were approved for?
2. Are you still experiencing severe symptoms?
3. have you been working at all?
4. What kind of doctor are you seeing?
5. Are there any reasons why you have not been seeing the doctor? the doctor may ask you this question and the answer you give could be important.

You may have several months before the long form gets here, which will give you more time to have more doctor's visits. social security likes it when visits that are ongoing and frequent.

at the doctor be honest about your health condition, and try to discuss all your symptoms and limitations as much as you are able to. do not be shy or hold anything back.

even if you feel embarrassed, it's really important to tell your doctor about your health problems and if things are bad for you.

This is for the condition you were approved for. Other conditions do not matter (i.e. if you were approved for bipolar, going to the back doctor won't matter)

if the doctor recommends any treatment for you or refers you anywhere, social security will look to see that you are following your doc's recommendations.

If your condition and symptoms are still severe.... I have seen other people in your situation get approved by taking steps right away. you are doing the right thing.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">