• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disabled widow survivors benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laylasgma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
I was recently awarded social security disability. I have yet received my decision letter, but it was a favorable decision I am fully disabled and permanently disabled. I am 55 yrs old. I was married for 19 yrs and divorced in 2005. My ex husband passed away in 2009. I did apply for disabled widow survivors benefits at the same time as disability. The disability is approved but there seems to be a delay on the widow benefits decision. Survivors benefits are the higher amount. I was told by the social security hot line that part of my case is closed and I will receive my disability on my own wages on June 17th.. I should receive my letter by may 30th. What they also saw is that there is something still pending with regard to retroactive payment and the survivor benefits. I was told they did not understand why?? Is there any reason that I could be denied my disabled widow benefits? He was never remarried nor am I? I even called an attorney and they were perplexed about this separation of benefits as well??

PLEASE HELP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">