• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discontinue SSI Benefits Without Representative Payee's Permission ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1213llache

How Can I Discontinue SSI Benefits Without My Representative Payee's Permission ??

I Have been recieving ssi benefits for several years now for a disability and a family member is my payee. However I have just finished school and I want to discontinue the ssi right away before I even start working. I no longer wish to be on ssi. I was told I have to have my payee's permission and knowledge in order to terminate ssi benefits and that the payee needs to be present with me for the paperwork to be done. I want to know how I can discontinue benefits on my own by myself without my payee's permission since my payee still wishes me to recieve benefits even though I disagree. I was told to just start working then the benefits will just stop on it's own time Or to just go through the ticket to work program. However, I would like to just stop benefits all together right now since I no longer feel eligible. How can I do this by myself without my representative payee's permission ?? I am over 18 (20s) and capable of taking care of myself and of working. My Payee has no legal gaurdianship over me. I reside in the state of california. How can I Do This By Myself Without My Payee's Permission or knowledge ? since the payee still wishes me to recieve benefits.

tranquility

I am uncertain as to the dilemma. Your payee was your representative while you were younger. There are methods to remove them. If you get the payee removed, your file will be reconsidered as to if you are eligible for SSI at all. Just go through the steps to get the payee removed. The fact you just want to end the payments without permission, might be a sign you are not fully understanding of the situation. Why is it so important to end them now, rather than after you work and show you don't need them any longer? Even in the periodic review as to eligibility, the payee will be involved.

BL

Are you stating you had a payee as a minor and that payee still preforms their duties now ?

If so go speak to an SSA representative at your local SSA Office.

If as an Adult you are still eligible and SSA has determined you need a payee , SSA is not going to terminate your benefits outright. Even if your payee notified SSA they no longer wanted to be your payee,SSA would be required to either send you the benefits ,or set up another payee.

If sent to you and you fail to send in periotic reviews, you could be cut off.

I'm not sure why you feel you are no longer entitled to SSI benefits though?

You were given good advice .

Go to work under the ticket to work program , or just simply start working ( where your payee has a duty to report changes including earnings ). At some point when you exceed the gainful employment limit ,you SSA benefits cease.

Onderzoek

How Can I Discontinue SSI Benefits Without My Representative Payee's Permission ??

I Have been recieving ssi benefits for several years now for a disability and a family member is my payee. However I have just finished school and I want to discontinue the ssi right away before I even start working. I no longer wish to be on ssi. I was told I have to have my payee's permission and knowledge in order to terminate ssi benefits and that the payee needs to be present with me for the paperwork to be done. I want to know how I can discontinue benefits on my own by myself without my payee's permission since my payee still wishes me to recieve benefits even though I disagree. I was told to just start working then the benefits will just stop on it's own time Or to just go through the ticket to work program. However, I would like to just stop benefits all together right now since I no longer feel eligible. How can I do this by myself without my representative payee's permission ?? I am over 18 (20s) and capable of taking care of myself and of working. My Payee has no legal gaurdianship over me. I reside in the state of california. How can I Do This By Myself Without My Payee's Permission or knowledge ? since the payee still wishes me to recieve benefits.

You can voluntarily terminate your SSI eligibility as long as you are legally competent. You can go to your local SSA office tomorrow, show a photo ID and stop getting money on May 1st. The screening service rep may not be able to do this, but you can talk to a claims rep and they will. May ask you why, but you don't have to have a good reason.

If you do voluntarily terminate, you will have to go through the application process all over again if you change your mind and 60 days has passed.

Do you have a plan to support yourself May 1st? How will you pay rent and buy food? Or will you figure it out then?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">