• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need to call Social Security?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sherri234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi,

I will be on regular Social Security March 15th. (66 years of age). I've been on disability. Do I have to call Social Security, and ask if I need to do anything or will they call me if something is needed to make the change. Can someone kindly let me know either way. Many thanks.

HomeGuru

Hi,

I will be on regular Social Security March 15th. (66 years of age). I've been on disability. Do I have to call Social Security, and ask if I need to do anything or will they call me if something is needed to make the change. Can someone kindly let me know either way. Many thanks.
**A: call the SSI office.

sherri234

Thanks for the advice, but one member said to call regular Social Security, and the other member said no action is necessary. I do mean SSDI (what I'm on now). Any definitive help would be appreciated.

BL

Thanks for the advice, but one member said to call regular Social Security, and the other member said no action is necessary. I do mean SSDI (what I'm on now). Any definitive help would be appreciated.
My reply came from the SSA Administration site . I included the link .

Call if you'd feel better hearing it from a live representative at the 800 # .Call is free.

Isis1

My reply came from the SSA Administration site . I included the link .

Call if you'd feel better hearing it from a live representative at the 800 # .Call is free.
i know from experience, they are pretty quick to change it on their own.

call if it makes you feel better. but they do change it.

Onderzoek

Hi,

SSA knows your age. You don't have to do anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">