• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I need an exact amount when filling out a representative payee report?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joco

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

We receive survivor's benefits for my niece and nephew. It's time for the annual representative payee report, and I need to know if I have to be exact with the numbers.

I have kept almost all receipts (I think there were maybe one or 2 that might have been lost) and after adding everything up I'm only $9 less on one report and $16 on another. I have exact numbers down (minus change). We also have some in savings.

Is this going to be a problem when they add it up since it'll show the above amounts unaccounted for? Or is there some leeway for human error? This is the first such report we have filled out, so I don't know what to expect.

I called Social Security to ask them and got 2 different answers; one person told me it couldn't be off and the other told me to estimate.

Do I need to round so that all of the boxes add up to the exact total for this year? Thanks!

BL

Yes you do.

Hint . Look up SSA.GOV representative payee and your duties .

So much for clothing ,etc.

joco

Yes you do.

Hint . Look up SSA.GOV representative payee and your duties .

So much for clothing ,etc.
I have those amounts, but like I said I'm off by a few dollars. Should I round up so that it evens out? I know we spent all the money the way it was supposed to be spent, I just want to make sure that rounding up is okay. There are most likely one or 2 receipts out of the whole year that grew legs. For example, if the clothing total is 100, and the food/bills etc is 100, I have $97 on one and and $94 on another. I just need to know if it's okay to round up a couple bucks.

BL

I have those amounts, but like I said I'm off by a few dollars. Should I round up so that it evens out? I know we spent all the money the way it was supposed to be spent, I just want to make sure that rounding up is okay. There are most likely one or 2 receipts out of the whole year that grew legs. For example, if the clothing total is 100, and the food/bills etc is 100, I have $97 on one and and $94 on another. I just need to know if it's okay to round up a couple bucks.
LOl grew legs ? What are we 3 legged frogs ?

Look ,you receive a document , round it off . SSA isn't headhunters .

You have a limited questionnaire , even it out .

Now if you were a thief , I wouldn't suggests it . :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">