• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doctors Contracted By Social Security

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acox1017

I am shocked at the unethical treatment by doctors contracted by Social Security to perform consultative exams.

Through research, I discovered that most of these doctors do this for extra money and are not there to help you.

My experience with the SS contracted Doctor for a CE:

•The doctor specialized in a completely different area and did not have the experience or knowledge to accurately assess my condition.
•The exam lasted approximately 10 minutes- not enough time for a qualified neurosurgeon to perform a proper exam.
•Questioning was very aggressive- not giving me the chance to answer before asking another.
•Read detailed letter from my neurosurgeon and ignored the information.

My neurosurgeon is very experienced and respected and serves as:

•Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
•Co-Director of the Spinal Program
•Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery
•The Director of the Neurosurgery Residency Program.

Social Security overruled his decision in favor of a doctor who was clearly NOT qualified to examine me.

There must be tens of thousands of us out there who have lost everything we have worked so for.

Some of these doctors are treating patients in an unprofessional and degrading manner.

I even called the SS doctor's private practice (he specializes in cardiology) as a prospective patient to ask if I could get an appointment for my issues of nerve pain associated with my cervical spinal fusion surgery from last year. I was told that this area was not his specialty and I would probably need a neurologist.

How is it possible that he is qualified by SS to perform CE's but his own office turned me away because he is NOT qualified to handle my condition.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Thank you for your time.

Misssy2

I am shocked at the unethical treatment by doctors contracted by Social Security to perform consultative exams.

Through research, I discovered that most of these doctors do this for extra money and are not there to help you.

My experience with the SS contracted Doctor for a CE:

•The doctor specialized in a completely different area and did not have the experience or knowledge to accurately assess my condition.
•The exam lasted approximately 10 minutes- not enough time for a qualified neurosurgeon to perform a proper exam.
•Questioning was very aggressive- not giving me the chance to answer before asking another.
•Read detailed letter from my neurosurgeon and ignored the information.

My neurosurgeon is very experienced and respected and serves as:

•Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
•Co-Director of the Spinal Program
•Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery
•The Director of the Neurosurgery Residency Program.

Social Security overruled his decision in favor of a doctor who was clearly NOT qualified to examine me.

There must be tens of thousands of us out there who have lost everything we have worked so for.

Some of these doctors are treating patients in an unprofessional and degrading manner.

I even called the SS doctor's private practice (he specializes in cardiology) as a prospective patient to ask if I could get an appointment for my issues of nerve pain associated with my cervical spinal fusion surgery from last year. I was told that this area was not his specialty and I would probably need a neurologist.

How is it possible that he is qualified by SS to perform CE's but his own office turned me away because he is NOT qualified to handle my condition.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Thank you for your time.
I'm sorry this happened to you. I haven't been sent for any CE (Medical). I was sent for a CE (Mental) and the lady was good with me....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">