• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does unearned income affect SSDI?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccamrine

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I'm about to file for divorce, I am on SSDI, receiving only 1111 per month. We have 3 rental houses, which I plan on keeping and I plan to ask for alimony. Does unearned income affect SSDI? My rentals could bring in up to $1500 a month before expenses. My husband owns a business and does well, so my alimony could be a decent amount. I don't want to lose my disability payments or disability status as I get medicare and have pre-existing conditions. Also, a lump sum settlement from a divorce wouldn't count against SSDI, could it? Or even exchange of property?

Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Onderzoek

unearned income does not affect SSDI except for worker's compensation or state disability benefits. That's it.

Wages and self-employment income use up trial work months.

Rules are different for SSI.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">