• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Earned Income / investment income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tdstout

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I am considering investing money [mostly from my wife] in some real estate. If I were to sell the property within a year of purchase, the gain on the investment has to be reported to IRS on Schedule C? Is this true?

I'm not going to do the work. I'm unable to work. Basically I'm just supplying funds that my wife has earned.

How will investment income impact my SSI benefits? What issues do I need to be concerned with? If I held the property for over a year and then sold it, how would the situation be different?

Would I be better off to set up a S Corp and run the operation through this entity? I don't want to jeopardize my SSI status.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">