• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Earned Income & SSDI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? FL

A very good friend of mine is on SSDI and has been for the past three years.

He has been unable to work as he suffers migrane type headaches daily and sort term memory loss due to a bleeding brain anyuerism.

He has an oppurtinity to work here and there if he feels well enough. How much is too much to earn and not lose his SSDI?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered he has suffered so much.

Thanks

Thank you, BL. I thought he could make some, it sure will make him feel good to earn a little money. I'll check it out on SSA site, although it is really hard to navigate. :)

One more question....If he earns $600 or less monthly, is he at risk of SSDI dropping?
I read that after 9 mths of income in a five year period, the benefits would stop.

A scary thought for someone who is disabled, but really needs to make a few bucks. He is not someone who enjoys this 'retirement."

BL

I read that after 9 mths of income in a five year period, the benefits would stop.
Would you please give a link to where you read this ?

I just read the link I posted again , and Services would be over $860.00 for 2006 .

$600.00 would not fall into services , therefore it wouldn't be counted against SSDI , as that amount is NOT considered substansive income .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">