• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wife /SSI / Mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jana dobbins

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

Why would I receive mail from SSI addressed to my daughters fathers ex wife? They have been divorced for close to 10 years and the lady has caused as many problems as possible since then. Do I report to SSI that she has obviously lied to get SSI to send her a letter to her ex husbands daughters house? What could her motive be for doing this? Please advise!

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

Why would I receive mail from SSI addressed to my daughters fathers ex wife? They have been divorced for close to 10 years and the lady has caused as many problems as possible since then. Do I report to SSI that she has obviously lied to get SSI to send her a letter to her ex husbands daughters house? What could her motive be for doing this? Please advise!
The reason you can't return the mail is ... what? You didn't open it after all ... right?

jana dobbins

The reason you can't return the mail is ... what? You didn't open it after all ... right?
I have not opened it yet. If there is any chance at all that this letter can get this hag in trouble for one of the many scams she has actively running, I can and will control my curiosity. I want to know if anyone knows why she would do this before I call SSI fraud to report it and ask if I am supposed to "return to sender". What could she gain by telling SSI she has moved from California to Utah, with her ex husbands disabled, 9 year old daughters, mothers house.

Proserpina

I have not opened it yet. If there is any chance at all that this letter can get this hag in trouble for one of the many scams she has actively running, I can and will control my curiosity. I want to know if anyone knows why she would do this before I call SSI fraud to report it and ask if I am supposed to "return to sender". What could she gain by telling SSI she has moved from California to Utah, with her ex husbands disabled, 9 year old daughters, mothers house.
This is absolutely none of your business. Trot yourself down to the post office and "return to sender". As an aside, you ought to be very careful about what you write online, Jana. Remember that nothing is ever truly deleted on social media ... including snide little comments about (named) family and ex-family members.

Understand?

I'mTheFather

This is absolutely none of your business. Trot yourself down to the post office and "return to sender". As an aside, you ought to be very careful about what you write online, Jana. Remember that nothing is ever truly deleted on social media ... including snide little comments about (named) family and ex-family members.

Understand?
I understand. ;)

But I don't understand the bolded:

Does that mean that the "hag" owns the house?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">